Meet and Greet

Hi all. I'm Tanya (or Tee, since that's more in keeping with the title of this blog). Contrary to what the title suggests, this blog will be nothing about golfing or earl grey. Nor, as the template suggests, will it be about anything particularly carnival-y in nature... I just liked the colors, don't you?

What it will be, I hope, is a humerous (at least occasionally) insight into how I take in what is going on around me. Whether that be my newest pet peeves or paranoias, it's all going in here. Sometimes you will have to hear about how the person sitting next to me in class was breating so heavily I wanted to offer him an intubation tube. Other times I'll share my anxieties about getting into med school, which are completely unfounded since a whole whopping 6% of people who apply get in their first time around, so clearly the odds are in my favor. These are just the types of things that run through my mind, and now they are going to run their way all the way to this blog.

Who knows where I will go with this, but hopefully I can bring some of you along for the ride.

3 comments:

I'm your first comment now that they work. Cool.

 

Tanya,

I ran across something you wrote on Dayne's Coachyourmind.blogspot.com that I thought was interesting:
“Another word which I think is interesting is "me" because it completely transforms based on whoever is speaking it.” Words such as me, I or myself are based on something that does not itself have a concrete form. They are all based on perspective. Due to the fragile, emergent and symbiotic nature of existence perspective itself is limited. In fact we have only begun to tap into the true capabilities of Human communication. Due to the relative nature of perspective how do I even know that you are understanding the words that i write now as I meant them?

Who, what, why and how is "ME"?

Unitearth.blogspot.com

Peace,

Dean

 

Poor Little Tea
Posted by Dean D. at 1:51 PM

Samsara (Considered to be the cycle of life in Buddhist Pali texts)

It comes from the sky
drips into our oceans,
Into our food, into our stomachs,
Whether as tea, ice or mist it is all water.
It will eventually end up in the sky
Then back in the ocean, again
To start the process a new

Wait, what if
A cup of tea became selfish?
Thinking it could be completely dependent
In tombed by its own record of likes and dislikes, aversion and attraction
Then the tea starts to prefer, "I want only to be only a refined tea"
"A specific flavored tea"
"Perhaps not even to be drunk"
"I wish to be put on display"
The poor little cup of tea
Fighting its own nature
A nature of impermanence and change
The poor little tea will struggle fruitlessly,
Whether it reaches and attains all of its goals or none,
It will continue to be a part of the continuance of water.
It will end up back in the sky and ocean to repeat Samsara,
Whether it likes it or not!

Now wait, what if the opposite happened.
A strong little tea, a very self satisfied and self motivated tea.
A compassionate selfless tea.
"I wish to quench anyone thirst well"
"If you will have me then that is my responsibility"
"Whatever you have for me I will do my best at"
"I will not have a preference outside of being satisfied with myself"
Being ever versatile and vigilant over it's own emotional attachments it would be free!
Never bending in logic or equanimity toward the never ending cycles of Samsara.
Then with time and practice one day it would become proficient at staying self satisfied, self motivated and compassionate.
Then it would become something else all together.
Perhaps something beyond imagination.
Perhaps something that we could only get a hint at anytime we drink our warm favorite drink of choice.

 

Post a Comment